Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Meet Aimee: cheered for the Buffalo Bills, “in love with math!”

Meet Aimee, our latest addition to our growing troop of Science Cheerleaders.
Aimee was a cheerleader for the Buffalo Bills, has a Master’s in Mathematics Education and teaches high school mathematics.

SciCheer: Tell me a little about your favorite math courses.
Aimee: I am absolutely a Geometry buff! I love it! My other favorites would have to be History of Mathematics and Linear Algebra

SciCheer: Do you find that your looks (or being a former cheerleader) helped or hindered your professional experiences as a math teacher? (Were you taken seriously?)
Aimee: At first I think people judged me or didn’t take me seriously because I was a cheerleader. I think there’s a misconception that ALL cheerleaders are uneducated. I had to PROVE to them that I was not who they thought I was. I am actually quite the nerd! I mean, come on, I own five different types of graphing calculators and make raps up about math!

No comments: