Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Monday, July 11, 2011

6 Months After Surgery: A Former NFL Cheerleader Gets a New Outlook on Life

In the past four years my life has emulated a roller coaster ride. The peaks have included family time, traveling, making the Buffalo Jills cheerleading squad, interning at Channel 2, getting a 4.0 in college, and traveling. I've bottomed out with two life-changing illnesses, the death of my grandmother, the murder of a friend, the tragic death of a young girl friend, and three young friends taking their own lives.

I don’t think anything could have prepared me for the rocky road I encountered after graduating from Orchard Park High School but after the long storm the sun has began to shine again.

The experiences that I’ve had in the past few years have changed my life drastically. I’ve learned how to love, to appreciate, to be thankful, and to be strong. The phrase “don’t sweat the small stuff” has a whole new meaning to me today.

Read the rest of Katy's WGRZ Blog entry at http://elmwood.wgrz.com/news/health/6-months-after-surgery-former-nfl-cheerleader-gets-new-outlook-life/57082

No comments: