Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Bandette of The Week Lauren B

This week, our final 2012 Bandette of The Week is 3rd year vet and 1st year captain Lauren B. LB, as she's affectionately known, is one of those girls who gets better and more confident every year. In her rookie year, I remember an appearance at the Auto Show in which she timidly asked Johnny Tavares for and autograph for her boyfriend. Last year, she challenged Bandits strongman Brandon Francis to a wrestling match at the Open Practice. This year, as a captain, she's probably the most outspoken girl on the squad. Considering she says her biggest weakness is talking too much, her outspokenness isn't surprising in the least. She claimed it was there when she first joined the squad too but I know I never saw it and she was next to me for a quarter each game that season. I heard her talk more in the 1st half of the Home Opener this year than I did her entire rookie season, I think...lol. More than anything else, her more outgoing nature has made her a joy to work with the past three seasons. When I told her at the Open Practice how I was going to do the Bandette of The Week features this year, with a captain leading off and the other captain getting the final slot, she jumped at getting the final slot since Kirsten wasn't around to argue for it...lol. She says not to take life too seriously since you'll never get out alive. That's advice she certainly lives as she's always pretty happy-go-lucky. She's unsure as to whether she'll be back for a 4th season but I'm hoping peer pressure works on her in that regard. You can read more about Lauren at http://www.bandits.com/bbio.asp?bandID=LaurenB LB's secondary photo comes from the NLL All-Star Game held in Buffalo in February. Shown posing for a photo before their 3rd intermission routine are Stephanie O, Kirsten, LB, Krista, and Stephanie G.
Stephanie O, Kirsten, LB, Krista, and Stephanie G

No comments: