Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Jills at the benefit for KatieLee Crandall

Living in the Southern Tier, it's pretty rare that I get the chance to get to a smaller Jills appearance, especially as far north as Niagara Falls. Sunday though, after spending time with a Jills alumnus who I became pretty good friends with during her time on the squad, I made it up to the new Buffalo Wild Wings on Military Road where a benefit was being held for KatieLee Crandall. KatieLee recently suffered multiple strokes and some of her friends put together a benefit to help with medical costs. As part of the benefit, a pair of rookie Buffalo Jills were on hand to help with raffles as well as sign autographs and pose for photos. As it turned out, Miranda is actually good friends with the girl who set the whole benefit up and while she and Kristina, who I hadn't met before then, greeted and talked to people, I spent a little time with Miranda's father, who gave me a little inside info on his beautiful daughter, some of which will be shared when she has her Jill of The Week feature this season. See the pics at http://buffaloprocheerbuffalojills.shutterfly.com/pictures/25696
Next week, Miranda and Kristina join the rest of the Jills at the 9th Annual Buffalo Jills Golf Tournament which appears to be sold out..so if you didn't order your tickets yet, you're really missing out. I don't golf myself but the Jills Golf Tourney has been the highlight of every summer since 2006 for me...although HoF weekend in 2009 was a close 2nd.

No comments: