Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Friday, December 18, 2015

2010 visit to Bills training camp-revisited

Even before the Jills were shut down by their director, the squad began appearing less over the past few years at training camp. In 2009, they were there pretty often but in 2010, their appearances were cut down somewhat, a definite PR negative. However, Bills PR did ensure they'd be there for Jr Bills Backers Day at St John Fisher and so that was the day I chose to go. When I got there, the Jills were already visiting with the next generation of Bills and Jills. I spent some time with Christina and Jill until Gina and Sara joined us but shortly after practice itself got going, it was time for them to depart. While Gina and Sara left for the day, Christina and Jill stuck around. Christina, as was her habit when she made a training camp appearance, switched into civvies to watch practice in the stands while Jill watched in uniform, accompanied by her proud father, who I got to meet before I took in some of the practice session myself.
Christina and Jill with a young fan
Jill, Sara, Christina, and Gina with a future Jill
Jill stayed in uniform because she had another appearance that day that she signed up for. After practice, the practice field was the setting for a huge autograph session for the next generation to meet the Bills and Jill headed right down to help out. Shortly after she went down to the field, Stefanie, Jaclyn, and Danielle showed up and I pointed them in Jill's direction. As the autograph session wound down, the Jills came up to the seating area for some photo ops before it was time for everyone to leave for the day. As for myself, I went downtown after practice to meet up with a friend. Over the years working with the Jills and Bandettes, I made some good friendships and one of those was with 2008 Jills alum Amelina. I hadn't seen her since she left the squad but we met up at at the Park Avenue Fest where I got to hang out with her and some of her friends after I first ran into Alecia, another 2008 Jills alum.
Jaclyn, Stefanie, and Jill with a young fan
Jaclyn, Stefanie, Jill, and Danielle
See all the pics at https://buffaloprocheerbuffalojills.shutterfly.com/pictures/
From the Bandettes comes a photo from the recent Open Practice. Posing for a photo at the bottom of the west bank of escalators is Stephanie's line. Shown in the photo are Stephanie, Karley, MaKenzie, Deanna, Jennifer, Jessica, and Sarah.
Stephanie, Karley, MaKenzie, Deanna, Jennifer, Jessica, and Sarah

No comments: