Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Bandettes at the 2015-16 Buffalo Bandits Open Practice

It's been several months since we've  been able to share new pics and videos but I'd like to think these were worth the wait. Early December annually marks the start of the NLL season with training camp and a part of that training camp in Buffalo is the annual Open Practice which takes place at First Niagara Center. A big part of the Open Practice is the 1st full appearance of the new Buffalo Bandettes squad. 
Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!
This year, the Bandits held their autograph session for the fans before the practice session and near the end of the session, the Bandettes squad made their 1st appearance. I was making my way around the concourse when they came along and joined them walking towards the front of the 100 level, talking with captains Mandy and Stephanie as we went along. Joining the squad to help run things today was Kirsten, in only her 2nd year retired from the squad. As we got up front, we took a few group photos, 1st of just the squad and then with several fans that came by as we stopped.
Shortly thereafter, the girls split up, with Mandy taking her line to the top of the east bank of escalators and Stephanie taking hers to the bottom of the west bank. I joined Stephanie, now the longest-tenured girl on the squad and her line at 1st before heading back up to see Mandy's line before they all had to head in to get ready to perform. 
Stephanie's line
Kirsten and Stephanie
Mandy's line
Once they headed in, I went to grab a good vantage point to see the performance and take in some of the practice. A little while after the performance, it was back up to the concourse for me for a bit where I ran into Brittany from last year's squad. I caught up with her for a bit as some of the Bandettes came by after making rounds in the stands greeting fans and sharing info about their Jr Bandettes program. Stephanie made a point of letting me know that Chrissy and Cheri, both recently retired, were in the stands and saw me so when they headed back down to get ready for their 2nd performance, I made my way back into the stands near the alums and did some catching up with them until the Bandettes' 2nd performance. After the performance and watching some more of the practice session, I excused myself and made my way out and back home to get to work.
Next up for the Bandettes, the Bandits open their season at First Niagara Center in January 9th when they play host to the Calgary Roughnecks.

No comments: