Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Your 2016 Buffalo Bandettes!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Buffalo Jill of The Week Valerie

This week, we take a look at 5th year veteran dancer Valerie as our Buffalo Jill of The Week. She started off the season on Christina's line between Jill and Morgan but moved over to Omarlla's line between Lindsey and Kristen in midseason after some girls left the squad early. Valerie is definitely one of the most popular girls on the squad, both from a fan standpoint as well as within the squad. Part of that is her looks because face it, she's a knockout, but more than that is her personality...she's genuinely fun to be around and talk to. She's bright, outgoing, and generous and is also a photographer's dream as she loves the camera and loves coming up with poses for it...in all the time I've spent taking photos of her, she always finds something unexpected to do at least once or twice a season. However, nothing could surprise me with her poses, though I'm sure after reading this she'll try to think of a way to do so. I know in running this site for all these years, I really can't play favorites but Val would be high on my list if I did. She and fellow 5th year vet Christina have talked about putting in several years on the squad as Omarlla and Eileen have done and I definitely hope she follows through on that. Val's secondary photo comes from the 8th Annual Buffalo Jills Golf Tournament where she and fellow 5th year vet Stefanie spent the day in the dunk tank, a new and popular attraction at the Jills Golf Tourney in 2010.
For tryouts, veterans get to choose their own numbers and Valerie and Lisa chose #1 and #2 the last few years when dancing together. Last season, I didn't get video of all the vets and Val made sure to give me some grief about not getting her and Lisa...I made sure they got video in 2010 as seen here...lol.

You can read more about Valerie at http://buffalojills.net/article.asp?id=1961282

No comments: