Everyone knows the Jills' main sponsor is Citadel Radio but they also have a wide array of sponsors who support them on a yearly basis as well. With those sponsorships, the girls do a number of appearances for them throughout the year. One of this year's sponsors is Chadwick Bay, a drink company that specializes in teas, juices, and smoothies. Based out of Dunkirk, NY, they are a big part of Dunkirk's Music on the Pier series that takes place every summer. Last night was the final performance of the summer at the Dunkirk pier and on hand for the event were Stefanie and Keisha of the Buffalo Jills, who braved a very windy evening to help with games, giveaways, and a contest for a Bills VIP experience. Check out the photos at http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/buffalojills2005/2010/Dunkirk/ and learn more about Chadwick Bay at http://www.chadwickbaybeverages.com/
As far as the Jills, there's a lot of news to share.
- The calendar we've been waiting for is having a few delays...latest expectation is next Thursday so and there are appearances to get them at on the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed but let me assure you, after having seen the cover as well as knowing Brian Garman's work, it'll be worth the wait and so will the Jill of The Week series if I do say so myself with something extra getting added to it this year.
- Johnny's Irish Pub in Rochester is hosting a USO benefit Saturday night complete with an appearance by members of the Buffalo Jills.
- This Sunday is the Bills home opener and they're hosting the despised Miami Dolphins. The game is sold out so seeing the product on the field in person is out unless you have a ticket or know a scalper...which is always a possibility. However, you can see the Jills before the game. There will be ambassadors inside the Fieldhouse and at the 97Rock and 103.3 The Edge Tailgate parties. 97Rock will be at the same location but The Edge will be over near the scoreboard in Lot C and they have something extra happening for the opener. At 11:30, the Buffalo Jills dancers will be performing for the fans.
- Next Saturday is the Blondes Vs Brunettes game, featuring 6 Jills alumni suiting up to play some powder puff football to benefit the WNY Alzheimer's Association. There will also be a halftime performance by members of the Buffalo Jills, who will be cheering on the sidelines as well as selling raffle tickets to support the cause.
- Next Sunday kicks off the away game parties at the Aud Sports Bar in Depew, where we'll have a pair of Buffalo Jills there every game. I'll get some more details on what to expect as far as gameday specials this year and pass them along as this isn't an Edge event like last year.
- Finally, everyone should remember the highly successful Jills Open Practice held last September in the Bills Fieldhouse. The turnout wasn't as strong in June but we're expecting another great turnout for the one that just got announced, November 16th from 6:30-8:30. The cost is $5 for participants ages 5-17 and $3 for spectators. The event last year wasn't expected to have more than a moderate turnout but the Jills got a much larger than expected group but were well-prepared for it and all the participants and spectators had a great time.